PC Based Control System vs. PLC
There has been more than ten years of reports boasting on the welfares of PC based control system over PLC, as well as the predictions of the dying programmable logic controllers. This practically makes it clear, that both PC based control system as well as programmable logic controllers has their own place in present-day control system, even in a lot of cases, they will likely to act as a team.
The different of PC based control system to PLC
In lower-end process manufactures as food plants for instance, where the programmable logic controllers is powerfully dug in, there is bit interest in alternating to PC-based control system. The ground for this consideration is actually the programmable logic controller's suitableness. Consecutive logic control catered by programmable logic controllers is better fitted for day-and-night performances usual in those types of industries. In specific, a programmable logic controller or PLC may offer repeatable, as well as reliable control which is conducive to high-speed and repetitive processes. Devoted performance and a high-ranking of security measures are also welfares of programmable logic controllers. The boxing side of food plants brings itself well to consecutive logic control system which brings in programmable logic controllers the better choice for conducting and assorting applications.
History of PC based control system usage
Few years ago, the prevision was that PC based control system was going to take traditional programmable logic controller application programs by storm. The ground they didn't is because the programmable logic controllers have kept going to be a low cost, good control alternative. For example, a programmable logic controller with high-speed loop controls, counter inputs, analog points, as well as basic math calculations are useable just around two hundred up to four hundred dollars range on 100 or more I/O and also has choices for expansion. But with PC based control system, even when purchasing a cheap PC, still needs setting it up, loading software, and making certain it's full-bodied enough not to break apart.
Even so, PC based control system has its virtues. It has bigger number-crunching capability, further communication choices, and is pitched more toward information trending and logging, report generation, documentation, and plant monitoring. The main reasons to switch over to PC-based control because it's include networking the control system into a higher-level applications such as handling complex mathematical applications, ERP, and connecting motion weigh scales, bar-code scanners, as well as other devices. In brief, most users think that when information data should be shifted from the controller to a database for analysis, the shift goes a lot smoothly once the information is already in a PC based control system.
Posted by Cartiman Iman
♥ Favorite Labels ♥
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- Services of GEM4Tools SECS PLC
- PLC Controls Systems in Industrial Sector
- PLC based Control Design
- CANopen Fieldbus Topology TWIDO PLC
- PLC Diagnostic Software for PLC System Care
- PLC-Based Equipment Controllers of GEM4Tools SECS/...
- The AS-Interface Bus for TWIDO PLC
- PLC Controls Systems: Different Machines and Types...
- Zone Triggering of PLC for Powder Automation
- Twido Programmable Controller
- Choosing the Right PLC Diagnostic Tools
- Twido PLC Protocols
- PLC based on SC1x3-IEC and SC23-IEC
- The Basic Understanding of PLC Controls System
- Software Installation Configuration of IPC@CHIP®
- Process Control Software Design
- Coding Rules PLC Programming Languages
- Languages in PLC Core Application
- Peripheral Blocks Development of STEP7 PLC
- The Importance of PLC System
- Development of PLC Core Application
- Unit Testing and Coding of PLC for Plant System I&...
- Input/Output Wrapper of PLC
- Knowing more about PLC
- Main Specifications AS-Interface of TWIDO PLC
- Hardware Config PLC STEP7
- Hardware Configuration and Standard PLC Software S...
- Knowing More About PLC Automation
- General Requirements of PLC Applications at ITER
- CODAC PLC Interface Good Practice
- CODAC Interface in PLC Core Application
- PLC Interface CODAC Configurations
- About Programmable Logic Controller
- Network and Operator Interface of EPICS PLC
- Design of the Control System of PLC Driver
- PLC – the best automation tool that you can choose...
- Control System According to EPICS PLC
- PLC ControlLogix Ethernet Interface
- What’s So Special about PLC Computers?
- The Performance of Tag Name PLC
- Power Supply of Pulse Magnet by EPICS PLC
- The Implementation of EPICS Support
- The Multiple Database Trap PLC and PC
- The Long and Impressive Development of PLC System
- The Benefits of Flowchart Programming
- PLC Superseded by PC
- The Challenges of PLC-based Control Systems
- The Counter/Timer and Interrupt Inputs
- Segments and Networks Ladder Logic
- The New Invention State Logic or State Machine
- What the Use of Programmable Logic Controllers in ...
- Autoconfigured Communication Ports The RS-485 Port...
- Modifying the Configuration Parameters
- Programmable Logic Controller; Reasons behind Its ...
- Addressing I/O Locations PLC
- Programmable Logic Controller’s Basic Knowledge
- Operating Mode Parent and Child PLC
- Why PLC training is Important in Automation Field?...
- Addressing A120 Input and Output
- The Importance of PLC programming
- Splitting I/O between Child and Parent PLCs
- Addressing I/O on an Expansion Link of Micro PLC
- Programmable Logic Controllers History and Develop...
- The Child and Parent PLCs Generalized Data Transfe...
- Memory Backup of Micro PLC
- PLC Operating Modes
- User Data Memory of Modicon Micro PLC
- Initiating Earlier Configured PLC
- System Performance Scan Time of PLC
- PLC training courses
- Micro Programmable Logic Controllers of Modicon
- PLC Automation Field; a Promising Work Field to Co...
- FBD-based PLC program from NuSCR
- Introduction of FBD PLC from NuSCR
- Tutorial Latching Using an Internal Relay
- How to Properly Treat a Programmable Logic Control...
- Tutorial Timers of TEP PLC
- Where to Study PLC Programming
- The PLC Multi-Tasking
- Module Specifications of RLL PLC
- PC Based Control System vs. PLC
- The Template Library of RLL PLC
- Programmable logic Controller System Application
- Simple Logic with Inputs and Outputs of TEP PLC
- ▼ July 2011 (84)
- ► 2010 (447)